Sunday, December 19, 2010

Taking a Taxi When I have a Rental Car

Think of the possible reasons why one would need to take a taxi when they have a rental car...
An obvious answer is that you locked your keys in the car.  But not so fast!  Here's what happened.  I returned from shopping, thought I would be productive and clean the kitchen before picking Ben up from Equestrian camp.  Thirty minutes prior to pick-up time, thought I would be responsible and give myself plenty of time (still wrestling with the left side of the road).  And what did I realize...yes, you guessed...no keys.  Checked the entire apartment (not much stuff).  No keys.  Went to look in the car, but the parking garage is dark, so I couldn't see in.  Here's the tricky thing, how did I lock the car without the keys.

Getting panicked.  Called locksmith; made reservation for 6:30.  Ben needs to be picked-up at 4pm.  So...called taxi.  Taxi arrives immediately.  HA...first day of equestrian camp and Ben is picked-up in a taxi.  Was afraid he would be mortified.  So, I asked taxi to park close and I walked over to get Ben.

Got home and thought it was a very good time to open that south Australian shiraz I just bought shopping (recall shopping is what I had just done before coming back to apartment).  Reached for wine...KEYS.

The adventure continues.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you, BEn, very much! We all do! It's not the same without you! Looking forward to seeing you again. It looks and sounds like you are having a BLAST! You seem so relaxed and happy in each of the photos! I hope you are having the time of your life, and enjoying each moment to its fullest! We can't wait to hear all about your adventures, when you get back. I hope the journal entries are going well for you!
    The class would love to get a letter from you from Australia! Do you have the school address?
    <3 Christie

    ReplyDelete