Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fun Times in Sydney

Ben and I spent a couple of days in Sydney this week.  Fun but crowded - a good place to visit but not to live was our general consensus.  We either walked, took ferries, or rode the monorail everywhere (with ferries being the hands-down favorite).  We did all of the traditional touristy things:  saw the opera house, went to the zoo (loved the koalas and lions), went to Sydney Aquarium and Wildlife World where we saw "one of the world's largest crocs," China Town (yummmmmm dumplings), had the most delicious sushi (no photo, but Ben drew it in his journal), and had brunch at the top of the Sydney Tower.  All of you who know me even fairly well, know what a difficult time that was for me - just look at the photos.  The Tower almost fell over, but didn't, fortunately (probably next time).  I know, it's an irrational fear.

Ben must be getting used to the Australian accent because he said that no one in Sydney had an accent.  Of course they did, he's just not hearing it as much.

Ben was so exhausted in the evening that he didn't even mind that I worked on my experimental design.  I am working here, you know.  Today is a "boring day" (Ben's words).  I'm working while he plays Wii and swims.  I am quite convinced now that on the 8th day, God created Wii.








No comments:

Post a Comment